We did a quick sprint to California - First stop was visiting Rachael and Greg in San Diego.
And we're off on an adventure - a hike that goes to the beach
This was a little bit of heaven - ice cream in a warm doughnut - oh yumminess.
It was great fun to be with Greg and Rachael and their family. They are friends that no matter the miles or time, we just pick up and keep going like we are still two doors down from each other. I miss those days! And we really do miss having them close to us. It was very kind of them to move to a vacation spot so we'll have even more excuses to come visit.
Then we cruised up to Universal Studios. When we walked in - Skyler started to cry and cry and he was a mess. I didn't know if he was just tired or sick?!?! Shayne sent the rest of us on the Harry Potter ride and by the time we got back - Skyler was even MORE MISERABLE. He kept complaining about his head. I took him back to the car to get him ibuprofen - and when we got to the car I realized his ear was DRAINING. The poor kiddo - his eardrum ruptured. As soon as it started to drain - he fell asleep and I just chilled in the car while the big boys played with Daddy in the park. Not quite the day we imagined. Luckily - we were going back the next day and Skyler was much improved and ready to RIDE. PLUS - we had the Brenes family with us! I didn't take very many pix - such a bummer.
We had saved this certificate for Skyler since our visit YEARS AGO. He wasn't tall enough for the Simpson's ride then but NOW his pass to the front of the line was AWESOME. And he was tall enough and he loved it.
Speaking of growing - look at this 1 year difference collage that happened while we were in Cali.















1 comment:
Oh my gosh - how am I just now seeing these?? Such a fun weekend with you guys. Come back soon!!
Post a Comment