4 1/2 years
with Jenny, Emily, and Melissa
People kept asking us if we were ready to be done. Typically you can predict 3 years in a church leadership calling so once we reached 4 years and kept going - it was just a joke between the four of us that "next year" we'd get it right. I can't say enough good about these wonderful women I served with all those years. We had our system and ways and our own talents and skills - we just put them together and we had our dream team! I never felt like there was a hierarchy of president, counselors and secretary - it was just OUR presidency. When I got the call to come meet with the bishop before church one Sunday - I knew what was about to happen. As soon as I stepped into his office, I started to CRY and I told him he didn't have to release us yet (he hadn't even said the words yet!) We were happily serving there and happy to keep going but, we also knew it was time to give a new presidency the chance to love and serve the children. Primary is the best place to be! There is one lesson that stands out above all the many lessons I taught and it was amazing because it was the testimonies of others, rather than me teaching that made it special. It was a powerful lesson about missionary work and I had asked a few teachers to share their testimonies about missionary work. Little did I know how missionary work had affected them - reactivation, conversion, and personal missionary stories were shared. It was a tear jerker and I didn't do anything! The spirit was so powerful in that room. There were many more Sundays full of tears as I listened to the children sing - I love the music in primary! I'm so grateful I had this opportunity to be in primary and the blessings it brought into my life.

No comments:
Post a Comment