Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Day 27

Your worst habit:

I have several bad habits!! One of my worst is my nail biting - seriously - it's disgusting and I'm the one doing it! And now Hunter does it too - OH NOOOOOOOOOOO! There was once an elderly, German woman who told me at church, "That is a disgusting habit - you should stop that at once." I was at least 24 years old at the time... it discouraged me for a while. I've tried chewing gum - till my jaw feels broken. I've also done fake nails - I chewed on those too. Sometimes I can get my nails to be semi-long and nice looking - I almost feel like a true lady... :::sigh:::

3 comments:

Chari said...

That's a tough one to break. I have nail biters here as well. One thing someone once told me about nails was that they are as dirty underneath as a toilet bowl. The scrubbing just doesn't get under the nail so germs just thrive there. Maybe that'll help you! Gross I know! Good luck with that one!

Unknown said...

Well if you only have one bad habit then you're not doing too bad! :)

Devri said...

I used to have a problem biting my nails, but I was fortunate that simply painting my nails kept me from biting them. I kept them painted long enough to get out of the habit. Now, I forget that I ever was a nail biter, and I can't stand chewing on them. It's a sweet victory to cut the habit! Good luck! You can do it!