HEARTBREAKING NEWS: I did not take pictures of our Haunted Garage that we did for our neighborhood. This was our 3rd annual Haunted Garage and the best turnout ever - over 100 people came through! We couldn't have done it without Cherae, Chris, and her boys. We love having them be a part of that tradition! I didn't take a single picture - that's how stressed I was. sniff sniff. Shayne is the one who really makes it happen though. He had the vision and he worked late every night building different parts to make it come together. We had a spider room, an Egyptian tomb (with a mummy!), a scene from Poltergeist, and then a butcher shop of body parts. To sweeten the deal, Cheryl and I had made oodles of sugar cookies for everyone who came through. A big thanks to Shayne's parents and my parents for their help too - it's definitely a family affair! How will we take it another notch up next year?
I have a few other pics of Halloween fun...
Family Halloween Party
Cheryl is fixing my hair - this is a hair-do I'll NEVER forget! And Cheryl was giggling while doing this - I think she was remembering those good ol' days of doing lots of beehives! And let it be noted, it took just as long (actually longer) for her to get it out for me the next night after our Haunted Garage. Thank goodness for Detangler spray - I still have hair on my head.
The finished product. If you are a fan of "Better Off Dead" - then you'll think this duo is awesome. If you don't know the movie, borrow it from us sometime.
Halloween
The boys were Ghostbusters and I was a ghost (thanks Chanin for this awesome costume). Skyler would have been a perfect Slimer - but the creative juices ran out and I was too exhausted to make it happen. We never did decide what Shayne would be either - so the family theme kinda fizzled. Plus, we have a bin FULL of kid costumes. Skye was a cow earlier, then a lion - his roar was perfect. And it didn't cost us a cent. Cole's favorite part of his costume was wearing his pajamas under it to school for the day.
Pics of the boys with their loot. Hunter's homework was to sort and count - I finally told him that I had snuck a few taffy's, and a few twix too.




2 comments:
Yeah, your costume makes me want to be a ghost next year. Nice job!
So sad about the pictures, but the haunted garage was a total success. You'll always have a mental picture anyway. Click.
Post a Comment