Thursday, March 5, 2015

A weekend with my Mom & Dad

In an effort to stock up professional points (for when I want to renew my teaching license), I attended the Music Educator's Conference with my parents.  They were planning on going and I asked if I could bum a ride down with them.  Not only did they let me get a ride, but they wanted to have me around!  We did everything together as a trio all weekend and I was super lucky to have all this time to my parents - by MYSELF.  They said I'm a lot quieter without my kids... lol.  My dad and I attended the conference together while my mom did quilt shop hopping and other projects that needed her attention.  My dad is a popular guy and has plenty of colleagues who want to be with him - and he'd come sit with me in classes!  I felt lucky every time.  He introduced me to everyone and was so amazingly kind to let this "wanna-pretend-I'm-still-a-band-director" daughter of his be by his side.  These two people have always been my best friends and I try hard to emulate their example of parenting in my home.  If I can grow up to be like either one of them - then I'm doing something right.  Ok, enough testimonials about how awesome my parents are - it was just the treat of the decade and I'm glad we got to do it.  En route home, they showed me a little state-park and we did a small hike - absolutely stunning.  I LOVE YOU Mom and Dad!!    






No comments: