This is our New Year's baby - and I was super excited about my super-amazing-totally-got-it-a-good-one present for my man. As soon as we started cheering for Happy New Year's - I ran and got him this present. I had wrapped it by putting it in a suitcase - so I actually managed to keep it a secret this year too. Honestly - this was an epic year in so many ways. It took him many nights to assemble this beloved "toy" and he savored every minute of it. And he took it to work so that the kids can't destroy it (smart move hon). Here's the finished product:
Shayne actually went shooting on his birthday and it was a relatively low-key year (considering year's past). The next day - we just continued the fun and had put together a group of 12 people to do a "Mystery Escape the Room" together. It proved to be quite the task - we managed to solve many of the clues together, but did not manage to "escape" in time. It was a very cool thing to do together.
(Chanin is snapping the pic)
And I forgot to whip out the Bear Claw cake while we had people around - so I threw this together, made him blow out candles and our little family ate bear claws. I love this cake... I hope he's ok with it being a tradition. Can't get any easier to make a cake!
I love you Shayne. You keep us laughing and enjoying life and I'm so grateful you chose me. I know our boys cherish every minute with their dad - he's the "coolest" and "much funner than Mommy" - yeah, it's no secret. You are the best dad, husband, and best friend this family can have - thanks for being you!

No comments:
Post a Comment