Saturday, November 19, 2016

My Summer of Biking

Last summer I did a lot of running and I promised myself that I would dedicate 2016 to my bike - and less running  (I am really not a runner, even though I love how I feel after a run). 
All this biking in 2016 was SPECTACULAR!!

First ride of the season to celebrate Cheryl's birthday!


Biking to Suncrest with Rach before she moved.


early morning rides with Sarah - 

many rides with Chanin 

Taking Hunter for his first long road ride


Mtn Biking with Laura and Hunter


Sometimes I tow extras. 


Biking in Mammoth, CA


Early morning rides with Sarah and Valerie


I finally followed through with something I've wanted to do for several summers and started a girls mtn biking group.  We left at the crack of dawn and got home before the hubbies left for work.  We started off with easy rides and built it to be longer and harder each week.  I'm so excited for next summer.  We'll start it again and I want a girls trip to Moab to celebrate all our mtn bike love!






Biking at Bear Lake



Biking in Park City


The early mornings started to get darker and darker.  As long as there was light to come down - I was ok with it.  The views and sunrises were spectacular!

Here I'm trying to recreate a work of art that Rachael shared with me titled "Before They Wake"




A few of these rides were REALLY dark to start...  we're crazy.


We also took Cole and Danny biking.  I did a little beginner course with Danny and that was plenty scary - apparently this child uses his feet (dragging on the ground) to brake.  I thought he was going to crash for SURE.  I'm grateful he didn't.  I'll try again next year - but I'll be sure he knows how to use his brakes!


and the grand finale at the end of summer was the Goldilocks 60 miler with Chanin and Cherae!  
(I'll do a bigger post about this later)


We're having an Indian summer and the weather is still warm (I'm now posting in November) and Chanin and I still try to get in 1 ride per week.  We've found a new favorite mtn bike trail (right up to Suncrest) and the view of Utah County is AWE-mazing!






This has definitely been a summer of biking and ESPECIALLY mountain biking.  Shayne is loving the fact that I'm riding so much on my mtn bike (it's taken me a few years to really love it and he's passionate about it).  By no means am I good at it - but I am definitely improving and I CRAVE it.  Next summer I plan to master those switchbacks!!  I love my circle of girlfriends that I ride with regularly - its given me a chance to develop my skills in a safe place.  We're all learning together!!  When I see runners, I feel a pinch of sadness that they aren't on a bike like me! ha ha!

No comments: