Saturday, November 19, 2016

Mtns and Moab

SIDENOTE:  Hunter hiked Timp with Shayne!  They went to the saddle this year - next year to the tip-top!  It was a youth activity and in the end - very few youth went.  I am so proud of Hunter for doing it!!


For a little weekend break - we went to Moab.  We hiked some of Little Wildhorse Canyon (next to Goblin Valley)





Shayne took Hunter on his longest mtn bike ride ever - 21 miles... mostly downhill but it had some climbing too.  Hunter was nervous about it, but did it.  When asked which was harder - this or Bear Lake 50 miler - Bear Lake still wins as the toughest ride he's ever done.  I'm grateful he's doing hard things - when he approaches challenges he now thinks, "not as hard as that bike ride." HA!




While Hunter and Shayne went biking - I took the boys for a little mtn biking too.  I pulled Skyler in the trailer - and not, the trail was not made for a trailer.  That poor kid was going up and down and he shouting at me, "this is the last time ever I'm riding with you!"   Danny was not so happy about mtn biking, but Cole was just LOVING it.  He was sad that we only did a little bit of the trail.  The next day, Shayne took Hunter and Cole back up to that trail (in the Dead Horse Point Park) and they rode 15+ miles together.  I took the little boys to the new Dino Park - they were much happier here.




I'm glad that we love to do things together.  And it's just a LITTLE BIT exciting that our big boys are asking to ride bikes too...  it's like a dream come true for their dad!!

No comments: